BC Schizophrenia Society was once again part of the Scotiabank Vancouver Marathon’s Charity Challenge — leading to about 30 runners and walkers fundraising through six teams in support of the programs and services that are provided free of charge to families affected by schizophrenia and serious mental illness.
A huge thank you to all our fearless runners and walkers who braved the heat and covered approximately 150kms cumulatively to demonstrate their dedication to raising awareness and funds for BCSS.
As a thank all our runners and fundraisers, we are pleased to have been able to award prizes to some of our top fundraisers, and enter all participants into a random draw.
Congratulations to our winners!
- Team Heimburger, the team with the most donations collected, will receive a $150 gift certificate to White Spot
- Felice Suva, the person with the most donations collected, will receive two full day bike rentals and water bottles from Spokes Bike Rentals on Denman
- Gavin Petch, this year’s top fundraiser bringing in $1,240 so far, will receive a $250 gift certificate to the Viking Air Gift Shop
Random Prize Winners
- Jim Fry – $80 Gift Certificate to Faculty Brewing
- Disha Varma – $50 Gift Certificate to Parallel 49 Brewing
- Joanne Kent – $25 Gift Certificate to The Keg
- Kim Ables – A Gift Basket from Steel and Oak Brewery
Winners will be contacted directly.
So far, nearly $8,000 has been raised by through this event, but it’s not too late to support a runner or team of your choice. Donations for this year’s BCSS Walk/Run through the Scotiabank Vancouver Marathon Charity Challenge can be made up to July 26.